MIFC Select Tryouts Information
In a typical year, now is the time we would be getting excited about preparing for Select Team Try-outs and the anticipation of the team formations. However, in light of the unique environment, MIFC has decided on a new approach for this upcoming soccer season.
Even under normal circumstances try-outs can be both exciting and stressful for players and parents. While the assessment of player skill and fit is important for determining team composition and fostering positive experiences for players, our primary aim has always been and will continue to be to enable as many kids as possible to be excited and passionate about playing the game of soccer, from recreational through to elite levels of play.
Tryouts for birth year 2011-2006 (Girls 2005 and older)
Note: Boys 2005 and older already had tryouts and teams formed
- Once we achieve a clearer picture of the timing for the start of our season, the club will provide an opportunity for all players who register for Select soccer tryouts by May 31st to train with select coaches for multiple sessions.
- This will be considered an open training format, designed to get our players back out on the field and playing together in a low stress environment.
- Returning players will be initially placed based on prior year development and level of play.
- We will use this time to assess new and existing players, where coaches can get to know players personally and understand their strengths and growth areas.
- Following these open sessions, we will place ALL players that registered by May 31st on a team that best fits where they are at developmentally, whether that be one of the select teams at their age group or a recreational team.
- We are mindful of the multiple stressors involved today, including health concerns and financial impacts, as well as the continued uncertainty going into this fall and winter.
- As a result, we will not require a commitment to join, nor will we require payment of the full season registration fees, until the teams are formed.
- Further, if necessary we will adjust our annual fees accordingly based on the months we are able to be on the field.
- Through May 31st, you can register for Select Tryouts for only $25 to demonstrate your interest and intent to play with our club. We understand there is uncertainty in your lives, and the more we know about who is planning to play this season, the better we can prepare to provide the continued level of coaching and development you have come to expect from MIFC.
- We are fortunate to have many teams and levels of play within our club, so we are we are able to guarantee a team at the appropriate level for every player. As we receive your registrations we will use this data to prepare for field allocation, number of teams and simply getting ready for another season of soccer!
IMPORTANT AND EXCITING UPDATES
We would be remiss not to mention a few other important pieces of information as families and players make decisions and prepare for the upcoming season! MIFC has a deep history since 1964 as a community recreational club. Over the last decade, it has also grown to provide a top-class coaching staff and clear playing identity that accelerates player development that enables top MIFC teams to compete as an elite club in our region. We’re proud of our focus on and culture of player development, and are now partnering with neighbor clubs Bellevue United, including Newport FC, to make both recreational and elite level development accessible to a broader audience. With this in mind we have two exciting announcements.
New Juniors League
We are excited to announce the formation of a new Juniors league for U8 and U9 age groups, with all games taking place nearby at Bellevue College. MIFC Juniors is a program for seven and eight year-olds that love soccer and are interested in discovering what a high-level training and playing environment looks and feels like. Click here to learn more about our Juniors program.
MIFC, in partnership with Bellevue United FC and Newport FC, is in the early stages of building a relationship with Benfica Academy of Portugal, widely regarded as one of the top youth development academies in the world. This has the potential to open some exciting opportunities for training and development for our players. To-date we have been invited to bring a few top teams over train and play competitive matches in Lisbon later this year, and we expect more opportunities like this as the relationship evolves.